Sending money South afrca plays a very central part in the lives of a lot of South Africans in the Diaspora. That money represents livelihoods back home; it represents that fine line between survival and poverty: so naturally one would want to ask all the right questions before making such a crucial transaction
Here are a few crucial questions that will ensure that avoid any frustrating misunderstandings during the process.
- Does the provider guarantee that the money will be available by a certain date or time?
- Is the exchange rate guaranteed so you know exactly how much the person you are sending money to expects to receive?
- What rights do you have if the money is not received at the promised time?
- What is the refund policy if the person is unable to pick up the money?
- What are the ID requirements the recipient has to present to collect the money?
- What to do if things go wrong.
- Will the person receiving the money have to pay a fee?
- Does the person receiving the money have to pay an additional fee when they receive the money? It is always best to check with the provider you use.